FTC submits a Memorandum to Sri Koppula Eshwer Hon. Minister for Minority Welfare of Telangana State
Memorandum submitted to Sri Koppula Eshwer Garu Hon. Minister for Minority Welfare, Telangana State At T.S. Secretariat on
The Federation of Telugu Churches (FTC), which is an apex body of the mainline Churches and major Christian Denominations in the twin Telugu States, is thankful to you for your commitment in championing the cause of secularism, democracy, and for protecting the rights of Minorities especially the Christian Minority Community. We are especially grateful to you for various welfare measures and development schemes that you implement through the A.P. State Christian (Minority) Finance Corporation and other government agencies.
As you are aware, the Christian Community, though a minority, contributes over 25% of charitable services to the society at large. Churches have been in forefront in providing education, health care and social welfare particularly to the poorer and weaker sections. To enable us to render these services in a more effective manner, we request you to assist us by addressing the following urgent concerns of the Christian Minority Community and taking immediate necessary steps:
1. Please make efforts to get the extension of SC status to the Dalit Christians (and Dalit Muslims) by bringing pressure on the Central Government to remove the long standing discriminatory practice, as promised by our beloved Chief Minister. Kindly get a resolution passed to this effect in the State Assembly to delete the unconstitutional and discriminatory Para 3 of Constitution (Presidential) Order 19 of 1950 and send it to Honourable Prime Minister urging him to implement it.
2. Kindly get “Prevention of Communal Violence Act” and “Prevention of Minorities Atrocities Act” (in line with the “Prevention of SC ST Atrocities Act”) enacted in the State and Centre in order to prevent the continuing communal attacks on the Christians, Pastors and Christian institutions.
3. Please strengthen the T.S. State Christian (Minority) Finance Corporation allocating at least 25% of the funds and schemes under the Minority Welfare budget to the Christian Minority.
4. Kindly ensure the proper implementation of GO Ms No.341 in order to continue extending the government schemes and concessions granted to the Scheduled Castes to the Dalit Christians. Do ensure that land distribution is given to SC Christians and houses are constructed to the Christians and Pastors like they given to other SC communities.
5. Please resume the grant-in-aid to the Church-run Educational Institutions and fill-up the vacant aided teachers’ posts as directed by the Honourable High Court, through the Central Government funds available for under SSA / RTE.
6. Kindly remove the heavy burden of property tax and electricity tariff levied on the basis of commercial scale on the Church-run Educational Institutions which render educational service to the weaker sections on non-profit basis unlike the corporate schools. They may be charged on the basis of domestic scale and can be given subsidy for it.
7. Please allocate urgently government lands and funds for setting up of Christian burial grounds wherever needed, and for the construction of churches and educational institutions.
8. Kindly resume the scheme for providing subsidy for the Christian Pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Jerusalem and other places.
9. Please give representations to Christians in the legislative and civil bodies, administrative panels and in various commissions / boards. Christians must be included in various panels, commissions and boards, especially those concerning education, health and social welfare at Mandal, District and State levels. One co-option membership in every Municipality / Corporation must be given to a Christian to take care of Christian interests. At least a few Assembly and Lok Sabha seats must be assigned to them wherever Christians are in sizable number in the State.
50% of reservations in the nominated posts, nominated contracts and service contracts must be given to the SCs, STs, BCs and Minorities as it is being implemented in our neighboring State of Andhra Pradesh.
Dear Sir, the Archbishops / Bishops of the FTC and the Heads / Leaders of its member Churches assure you and the Government of Telangana wholehearted support and cooperation in the development of Bangaru Telangana full of prosperity, peace and harmony. We, Christian community members promise you of our prayers for your good health and for the success in all your undertakings.
Thanking you once again,
Federation of Telugu Churches (FTC)
Archbishop Thumma Bala, President of FTC
Methodist Bishop M.A. Daniel, Vice- President
CSI Bishop V. Prasad Rao, General Secretary
Mr. B. Danam IAS (Retd), Executive Secretary
Rev. Fr. Dr. Anthoniraj Thumma, Executive Secretary of FTC
Persecution Relief wishes to withhold personal information to protect the victims of Christian Persecution, hence names and places have been changed. Please know that the content and the presentation of views are the personal opinion of the persons involved and do not reflect those of Persecution Relief. Persecution Relief assumes no responsibility or liability for the same. All Media Articles posted on our website, are not edited by Persecution Relief and is reproduced as generated on the respective website. The views expressed are the Authors/Websites own. If you wish to acquire more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on WhatsApp: +91 9993200020