On 25th January, Bro. Anandham, Retired Sub- Inspector, at Singavatam Village, Kollarpuram Mandil, Kurnool Nagar, Telangana State, and a group of Christians were distributing New Testament Bibles.
Suddenly, a mob of religious fundamentalists attacked them and confiscated the Bibles.
Subsequently, we received this video, which shows the group of religious fanatics burning the seized Bibles. While it took roughly 2 minutes (the length of the video) for the bonfire of hundreds of Bibles, we are doubtful how many more copies it will take to make it a newsworthy flame!
It is ironic that as India commemorated “Republic Day”, honoring the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect – 69 years ago, that such a shameful and cowardly act would be done, with complete impunity and totally contrary to what the Constitution propagates.
For your information, Article 25 of the Indian Constitution reads:
Article 25(1) in The Constitution of India 1949
Subject to public order, morality and health and to the other provisions of this Part, all persons are equally entitled to freedom of conscience and the right freely to profess, practice and propagate religion.
- Let us lift up fervent prayers that the gospel of Jesus Christ will spread like wild fire in India
- Let us not be satisfied with sparks from the small bonfire but let the true gospel of Jesus Christ spread like wild fire in India
- Pray that God will give the Church open doors to preach the gospel
- Pray that God will send forth servants, who are faithful, bearing the fruit of the gospel, and courageous to proclaim it
- Pray that God will remove every hatred and animosity towards those that are anti-Christian and do not have the light of Jesus Christ
- Pray that God will give us “the same attitude which was in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 2:5)
Persecution Relief wishes to withhold personal information to protect the victims of Christian Persecution, hence names and places have been changed. Please know that the content and the presentation of views are the personal opinion of the persons involved and do not reflect those of Persecution Relief. Persecution Relief assumes no responsibility or liability for the same. All Media Articles posted on our website, are not edited by Persecution Relief and is reproduced as generated on the respective website. The views expressed are the Authors/Websites own. If you wish to acquire more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on WhatsApp: +91 9993200020