APPEAL FOR PRAYER FOR THE PERSECUTED CHURCHES THAT HAVE BEEN FORCIBLY SHUT DOWN
“God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne” – Psalm 47:8
In the month of July, Persecution Relief had reported a story about Pastor Durga Prasad Yadav who was ministering at Jeevan Jyothi Satsangh Prarthana Kendra, where more than 7000 believers gather for worship every Sunday and Tuesday from 10 am to 3 pm.
On 05th August’18, a mob of religious fanatics along with more than 50 Policemen, disrupted the worship service were believers had gathered from far off places. The authorities, forced Pastor to conclude the prayer meeting and 271 FIR’s were filed against Christians on that one day.
In the audio below, Pastor Durga Yadav shares the current state of affairs and the struggles he and many like him, are facing against an antagonistic, militant, majority culture and religion in Uttar Pradesh.
Christians are being denied their Constitutional right to worship, as several states across India, continues to see a huge upsurge of persecution incidents against them.
Pastors are deeply troubled and sad for their lost and scattered “sheep”. New believers, largely from other faiths, are deeply distressed by the spurt of attacks on Christians. The present climate of anti-Christian sentiment and arbitrary attacks, has severely dented their faith.
Across India, several small house-churches to megachurches, that see thousands of worshipers every week, continue to experience extraordinary, chilling and targeted violence. The ripple effects can be felt across the 29 States of India. This witch-hunt is carried out without a shred of evidence or witness to corroborate their accusation of conversion.
This is an appeal to all Churches and Christians across India, to show concern and care as part of the body of Christ, to FAST AND PRAY fervently for the situation in India.
- Pray that all Churches, both small and big, that have been illegally shut down, may be opened in Jesus’s name
- Pray that God would change the hearts and minds of the authorities of the State and Central Administration, towards the blatant disregard of the Constitution, with regard to Freedom of religion and belief
- Pray that the Anti-Conversion Bill will be scrapped in Jesus’s name
- Pray that all ministers of God will continue to be steadfast despite the huge pressure of persecution
- Pray that the Spirit of the Living God, would encourage the weak and disheartened men of God, due to the harassment they are facing from every front – the Police Administration, the family, the community, the believers, financial constraints etc.
Persecution Relief wishes to withhold personal information to protect the victims of Christian Persecution, hence names and places have been changed. Please know that the content and the presentation of views are the personal opinion of the persons involved and do not reflect those of Persecution Relief. Persecution Relief assumes no responsibility or liability for the same. All Media Articles posted on our website, are not edited by Persecution Relief and is reproduced as generated on the respective website. The views expressed are the Authors/Websites own. If you wish to acquire more information, please email us at: email@example.com or reach us on WhatsApp: +91 9993200020